English Muffins Recipe
Kneadless to say, these muffins will never fail to brighten up your morning
There’s nothing quite like a soft, warm toasted English muffin smothered in butter in the morning. Or perhaps with a dollop jam? Or even topped with some fresh berries! A classic breakfast is not complete without them, easy to make and even easier to devour, English muffins are a British delicacy. Read on to find out how to make chewy muffins with the perfect “nooks and crannies” that they’re so well known for!
450g Bakers flour
5g caster sugar
7g dry instant yeast
40g polenta (For dusting)
40g semolina (For dusting)
Unsalted butter, to serve
1. Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl then knead to a smooth, firm dough.
2. Place into a lightly greased bowl, large enough for the dough to double in size. Place into the Steam Oven on the wire rack and prove onSteam at 40 degrees celsius for 1 hour.
3. In a small bowl combine semolina and polenta. Set aside.
4. Remove the dough from the Steam Oven. Turn out dough onto a workbench dusted with semolina mix.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 2cm thickness, sprinkle the top of the dough with more semolina mix and turn over.
6. Cut discs using 7cm pastry cutter. Place the discs onto paper lined perforated steam container and Steam at 40 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.
7. Increase the temperature and Steam at 100 degrees celsius for 15 minutes or until cooked.
8. Remove from the Oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes
1. Melt butter in a frying pan on medium heat, Induction setting 6.
2. Brown muffins on each side for approximately 3-5 minutes until golden. Serve immediately.
This straightforward recipe will no doubt impress your guests and with the ability to freeze muffins for up to a month means you’ll always be prepared for breakfast.
Muffins can also toasted in the Oven on Fan Grill at 200 degrees celsius until golden
Use dairy-free milk and coconut oil instead of butter for vegan English muffins
Coat the bottom and top of your muffins in fine cornmeal before cooking off for a crispy textured crust
Cocoa fettuccine with bacon, chilli and marjoram recipe
Want to try something a bit different? Have a go at this funky twist on traditional pasta and get a […]
Shortbread, chocolate and manchego recipe
Now we consider shortbread as a delightful biscuit that is adored by everyone, perfectly sweet and crumbly. Delicious! This recipe […]
Christmas In Your Kitchen
The festive season is finally here and everyone is getting ready and hopefully enjoying the run up to the special […]
White chocolate and saffron truffle recipe
’Tis the season for indulgence! What better than some rich, soft and creamy truffles as an after-dinner treat? Have a […]
Sloe Gin and Champagne Fizz Cocktail Recipe
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, champagne has its very own day! This is a cause for celebration so naturally it’s time […]
Celebrating International Coffee Day with Cupsmith
International Coffee Day, on the 1st of October, celebrates coffee and everyone involved in the process of that steamy hot […]
Turmeric, Coconut & Purple Cauliflower Fish Curry by Le Creuset
This Fish and Cauliflower Curry by Le Creuset with its vibrant flavour and colour will tingle your tastebuds for sure.
British Seasonal Produce Calendar in Celebration of British Food Fortnight
Saturday 21st September marked the start of the British Food Fortnight, which is the biggest annual national event celebrating our […]
Autumn Cauliflower Recipe by DerKern
Autumn is coming. As August ends, it’s the perfect time to start harvesting cauliflower.
Our Top Local Pubs & Eateries
Part of settling in is getting to know the area – and the bit we love most is finding little […]